1. Spencer Trujillo. He is a BiteSquad driver. He would be my domain expert. He sees and interacts with the same type of people who would be calling me for help from college concierge. These delivery and driver services are the closest things to my idea of College Concierge. He is my pledge brother so I just asked him(theoretically) if he would be on board to help me get the business off its feet when I have to do it my self, he will be there for me as long as he gets paid a bit.
2. My expert on my market will go unnamed. The reason they are an expert and will go unnamed is because they have a created a "water pipe" cleaning service. While I do not do these things myself, I consider them to be experts because people call them, to come clean. This seems like a very simple thing, however, they still have customers. I contacted them by meeting in person as I met them freshman year. (Theoretically) we agreed that I would include their service into College Concierge and they would be the sole providers of this service in the app.
3. The last person I called was Shiela Woldenberg. My old boss. Since I needed help Hiring competent people, I asked how she knows who to hire. For example, who is trustworthy, hardworking, etc. I just gave her a call. I said to her that (theoretically) if i had to ask for help in starting my company, I would have to find someone to replace me for next summer at the day camp.
I feel that since I am more mature than I was in the past it was not hard to talk to these people. It felt like talking to a friend, almost like flirting a bit. Overall, while I think my career path will be with the Navy, this is always a back up.
Hey Jonny,
ReplyDeleteI think you chose some great people to interview. It seems like you got some great feedback and information from them. The BiteSquad driver was a great choice since your company will conduct similar business. It is great that you feel more mature now and that you feel confident speaking with people. Even if the Navy will be your main career path, running a business on the side can always be a good idea for extra income. Great post.
Hey Jonny,
ReplyDeleteI think the bitesquad contact was a very good one to make for your business idea. Your college concierge idea is very similar to the idea of bitesquad and uber eats so it seems fitting that you would get a worker from one of these companies to give you some more insight to the industry. It's interesting you felt like these conversations felt like flirting, for me, it felt more like I was really trying to get something out of the conversation and taking advantage of them in a way, it was weird. Overall though, good post!
Hi Johnny,
ReplyDeleteThroughout reading your post, the people that you selected and sought help from, were very qualified individuals. Because they are qualified, I feel that your idea/business will profit tremendously because the people that you are surrounding yourself with are going to take you to the next level.