Tuesday, October 1, 2019

12A – Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1


segment- The segment I am choosing are freshmen at universities.

Need awareness- I started out with asking them all what type of services they need done for them that they do not have time for or do not want to do. The first answer I got was laundry. I asked what does she do then when she needs she laundry done. I was told she asks a friend a to help her because she doesn’t have the time to do it all herself.  She always feels this need in between classes when she wants to change but has no clothes and no time to do laundry. This showed me that this type of need always comes from an incontinence and this is something that all my interviewees had. Inconvenience and being busy is always when their need showed up, less than they do not want to do it.

Search- When it came to searching they usually just asked a friend, someone else said they used yelp because it had a bunch of different options on it. Word of mouth and just simply asking someone to help them or asking a friend for a reference. The yelp person seemed to use a more thorough research method than anyone else by searching multiple places then finally choosing one. 

findings- I found out that by automatically assuming my potential customers are lazy is bad. Much of the reason I could possibly get business is because they are not lazy but hard workers with less time for the little things.

conclusion- Essentially I find that I can spend less on advertising because word of mouth can be a powerful thing. it seems that many people just ask friends, roommates, etc. for help and or recommendations and this will be my branding to pass my business from person to person.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jonny!

    I agree word of mouth is the way to go! The laundry idea is actually something to think about. It's funny how we begin with an initial idea and then with the research we discover a real need that our interviewees are basically feeding us. Wouldn't that be cool to have a laundry service that you could just drop off your stuff in between classes? Hmm... I find that interesting! Good work!

    V/r,

    Elizabeth Fullwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonny!
    I agree that most college students either dread doing their laundry or simply don’t have time. I think that students who have some extra money would definitely pay a service to do their laundry. In the area there is one service that charges $20 bucks a load so keep that in mind. I think word of mouth is going to be the best way for you to spread your business throughout campus and on to other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jonny,

    Interviewing freshman as your segment was a smart idea. Many freshman underestimate college life and how busy it can get. There would be good potential with that segment because they will probably be busy learning how to manage their time. They will be learning how to manage time with school, cooking, cleaning, friends, and many other things. This is where your business comes into play to help people out. It was great that you learned that your business can not only help lazy people but also people who are just extremely busy. Word of mouth would definitely be great advertising, especially with college students living in a college town like Gainesville. Great work.

    ReplyDelete