Tuesday, October 29, 2019

19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

1) I am Jonathan (Jonny) Berger. I believe that I have a strong inclination of management. While trying to continuously get my leaderships skills higher I can manage a group and people and can get them to get things done while also being passionate about it. I have worked at a sleep away camp for two whole summers, at a day camp one whole summers, and I ran my own petting sitting business for two years as well. I can handle pressure as well people. If I can handle crazy pets and young children, I can handle employees and customers. My aspirations for the company are to make as many things possible convenient for my customers as well as help my employees. I foresee that the company will play a big role in my life as I will have to do the jobs and the inner workings of the company myself at the beginning.
2. I am offering essentially a wide variety of labor and services to locals in my area, and if there is expansion, surrounding areas as well. I am giving services at a lower cost than the professional counterparts, but my services will still be at the same level. the examples I use are movers, but they may be just college students trying to earn some money and they can pick that job up. other examples are picking up groceries and fixing minor jobs in a house or apartment.
3. The demographic of people will most likely be upper middle class to rich students and locals. Most people who cannot afford to get someone to do something, learn it and do it themselves. They will be lazy, very busy, incompetent, or just some people needing an extra hand, who need things done for them when they do not or cannot do the services themselves. However, all my customers need services done for them and are willing to pay.
4. Customers will pay money because they do not or cannot do these services themselves. they are paying for the help, or the worker to come and give them ease in their lives.
5. What I have that no one else has are the regular joes that can do these jobs at a professional or semiprofessional level, without that cost. People working will in reality be doing one-time jobs, or part time and this will keep my costs as well as customer pricing low. I believe I have the will and skill to lead a company like this and no one has the motivation to do this.
Some issue I found are the employees and their pricing. While I need to drive prices down, I also want my workers to get paid. I will need to find the happy medium of my percentage and theirs. But the strongest part of the business will be that people will like that a regular person is doing their work for them and that they are getting cheap pricing while offering someone work
Above is my old napkin. I only have one edit and it should be incorporated into the summary above. I will be figuring out the split with my workers and myself. Since they are using my reputation and app for business I will use a 20/80 split. I will keep 20% of the money and they will have 80%. However, there needs to be a contingency. This split will be subject to change. This may sound unfair and ruthless to change my employees earnings, but it is necessary to do sometimes in a business.
Feedback Memo- The feedback I received was for how my pricing with employees would work, and compliments on my management abilities. I incorporated my pricing issue above by inserting it into my explanation of my weak part of the business.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jonny,

    I think you did a great job on this second napkin post. I agree that the 20/80 split is fair because it is your business. You created it, put in all the hard work, and attracted business to other people. I agree with your statement that it may be subject to change though depending on how big or small the job is. I believe your business could really benefit people that are stressed from having too much to do on their plate. It can also help people out who are lazy and don't feel like doing a simple task. Keep improving your leadership skills and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johnny,
    I really admire you taking your business idea into your own hands and taking on most of the responsibility. The 80/20 split seems fair and rewards the work that you put in. I enjoyed reading about your experiences, especially your ability to lead individuals. I feel that is a important trait to have and it will bring you success.

    ReplyDelete