Monday, October 7, 2019

14A – Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 

In reality the behaviors i have used for this course are working ahead and keeping in contact with friends. Much of the time if you start the work on Monday with most of the work due Friday it takes the weight off your shoulders as the due date approaches. Also i have many friends in the class. Whenever I am confused on a concept or need help with understanding an assignment i can always rely on my friends for guidance.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

I wanted to give up when i had to Interview five different people again for the third time. I felt as if i was going crazy trying to find more and more people to find. I think I developed a tenacious attitude because you need to keep pushing especially when it come to asking random people for interviews, even though most of them "have to get to class".

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

The number one skill is do not be afraid to ask for help. Professors, TAs, and friends can always help you to keep pushing. To develop this mindset you need to just understand that while this class has many assignments, they will not be the must difficult, you just got to be creative! Finally, do not be taunted by an assignment, take it slow and figure it out, I promise it will come to you.
Image result for you can do it

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jonny,

    I agree with many of the things you said in this post. Working ahead definitely makes this class a whole lot easier. It makes it go by a lot more smoothly and prevents us from getting stressed. If you save assignments for the last day, you will most likely not perform to the best of your abilities. It also definitely helps to have at least one friend in the class in case you ever need some help or advice on an assignment. We had the same problem and situation with wanting to give up. Interviewing people was the most difficult part of the class for me. I eventually had to get over my fear of it and get it done though. I feel as if I have become more confident with my social skills now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jonny,
    I agree with your overall definition and your overall tenacious attitude in regards to the class. It is important not to give up and be persistent. If you procrastinate and wait till the last minute, then I agree that you will not succeed in this course and in life in general. I also believed interviewing people would be awkward, but it was actually very enlightening and productive.

    ReplyDelete