Jonny's Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

13A – Reading Reflection No. 1


1) You read about an entrepreneur:
·        What surprised you the most?
·        What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
·        What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
·        Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
I was very surprised by how many companies he has his hands in now and how many the has been a part of. I admired his ambition to keep pushing and always having a goal, it seems he never gives up. I did not like how it seems that he invented this companies when you hear about him, being an investor and having shares is different. yes, they did. when Elon encountered adversity, he seemed to just get out as soon as possible.
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited?
he has always been very competent in computer technology along with many forms of engineering.

3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I was confused on how Zip2 to work so well, and how he made it worth so much money.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
How do you have the hindsight to know what to invest in? If you could have created one idea instead of someone else, what would it be?
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
I think that his opinion of hard work was to do it till you reach your goals, the continue even harder. I agree with this viewpoint, however, I feel like I would get burnt out.


Posted by Jonny Berger at 8:02 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Ainsley StrackbeinOctober 10, 2019 at 3:13 PM

    Hi Jonny!
    I liked the questions you posed to your entrepreneur and thought they would give some pretty interesting answers, especially since it is Elon Musk. Next time try to add the title of the book and the author so that we can follow along with who you are talking about when we first start reading. Overall you completed every aspect of this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  2. William SallerOctober 13, 2019 at 5:36 PM

    Hey Jonny,

    I was thinking of reading the book about Elon Musk, but in the end decided to read the one about Steve Jobs. This would have been such an interesting book to read because of all the awesome things he has accomplished. It would have been interesting to learn more about Tesla and Space X. The mind behind a successful entrepreneur is always interesting to read about. I am highly considering this book as my next read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  3. Mauro PetridesOctober 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM

    Hey Jonny,
    I feel like Elon Musk is one of the greatest innovators of the modern age. I agree with what you said in regards to to him having a hand in multiple important companies today. Tesla and SpaceX are just a few of his many contribution. The way you described the book made me really interested in reading the book, great assignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
Add comment
Load more...

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

Jonny Berger
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2019 (30)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ▼  October (9)
      • 20A – Growing Your Social Capital
      • 19A – Idea Napkin No. 2
      • 17A – Elevator Pitch No. 2
      • 18A – Create a Customer Avatar
      • 16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?
      • 15A – Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2
      • 13A – Reading Reflection No. 1
      • 14A – Halfway Reflection
      • 12A – Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (2)
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.