who: I
noticed through my interviews is a similarity between people and a market that
my idea could not reach and both involve the ride share apps. during my
interviews every single person said that they would not use my app for rides.
Even though originally, I wanted to include this in the plethora of services I would
offer I have decided to remove it. When I asked about if they would be
interested in using the app for rides instead of help with moving and or
groceries, they said " I would just uber". So, this made me realize
that apps like uber and lyft are apps that have regular people giving a service
to other normal folks is similar to my idea, however, they have the ride share
locked up.
What: Since I interviews people who seemed
to want my product but do not, I realized this. there is a difference in not
being able to do something, and not having the time/ wanting to do it. For example,
if someone would someone to cook a home meal for them it would differ from
someone who does not know how to cook, and someone who just is in a rush but
still wants that home taste and is in a rush.
*One interviewee told me that
he would pay for the food I make, because he knows I am a very good chef, but
if he really wanted to, he could do it himself*
Why: The need is different because one
can do something and the other cannot and that is why they would use my
service.
|
|
inside
|
outside
|
|
who
|
People who cannot and who are just a bit lazy
|
People who can do it
|
|
what
|
Jobs that are simple but may require extra people or time
|
Jobs they can do themselves without having to pay extra for a
service
|
|
why
|
Because they do not know how to do it themselves or they are too
lazy to do it themselves
|
Because they know how to do it themselves and do not want to
spend extra money
|
Hi Jonny!
ReplyDeleteI liked that your interviews taught you so much about your prospective business. I had the same realization from my interview that some people just don’t have the time or just don’t want to do it. I thought this post had all the aspects required. The only critique I have is that you may want to include more information in your table, such as adding more who? For both sides of the table.
Hi Jonny!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you were able to distinguish a few things with your interviews. Were they more focused on just the ride aspect and not the moving help? They probably have Uber planted in their heads as their go to for an app. I hope I am understanding what you were explaining. I definitely think you have a great idea for offering help to people that don't know how to do something. Can't wait to see the pitch!
V/r,
Elizabeth Fullwood
Hey Jonny,
ReplyDeleteOverall I thought this was a solid post! I like your business idea and I also thought it was good that you were able to draw important distinctions from your interviews, and by doing so clearly define your boundaries. I think the fact that you were able to draw the boundary at ride-sharing because of your interviews showed how effective they were and that you were able to use your interviews effectively. The only thing I would change in this post is definitely to go back and reread for spell check and typos because there were a lot of them in this post and I think it took away from it. Other than that though, I thought you had some solid ideas, well done.
Hi Johnny,
ReplyDeleteI respect how objective you were about your original. I appreciate your realization and honesty in regards to other applications selling or providing the same services. I also feel like you were very honest and committed to making the correct adjustments that will improve your idea. Finally, there were some typos in your post I would take some time to re-read before publishing. Overall, very good post.