Monday, September 9, 2019

3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story


I had an entrepreneurship experience at the end of high school. From 2016-2018 I started Jonny's Pet Sitting. This was a homemade business with just me as the employee and boss. I started this for several reasons. My parents did not want me to get a so-called regular job (bagboy, McDonalds, etc.) not because they are bad, but they took time away from my sports and studying. Also, my older sister had a very successful babysitting business when she was in high school. however, as a young man, I was not confident that many people would be comfortable to hiring me as a babysitter. From these root causes I started Jonny's Pet Sitting. I was very successful because I charged less than the adult pet sitters and I ended up with plenty of savings/spending money.

I joined this class because I will be joining the Navy when I graduated. I wanted to have these skills to guide my sailors, as well as have the skills to be successful once I get out.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Jonny, great post!

    Jonny's pet sitting service sounded like a great idea. I love animals so I think I would have enjoyed doing something like that. I agree that it is much harder for a young man to be a babysitter. Many parents would not have been comfortable with that and prefer a girl. It was smart of you to charge less money than other pet sitters because it probably attracted customers. Looks like we both had a good entrepreneur experience during high school. Hopefully this class teaches you a lot so that when your in the Navy you can be successful.

    ReplyDelete