Regulatory1: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/18/what-us-china-trade-war-means-for-imports-exports-and-soybeans.html
This information leads me to
believe that there will be opportunity for American businesses, specifically.
the ability to produce cheap, mass produced products. Since we get many cheap,
mass produced products such as plastic plates, and Styrofoam containers, I believe
there is an opportunity to have such places in America. There is an opportunity for
an American company to start producing these objects cheaper than the Chinese
can, because the tariffs make it’s that American products can be cheaper. The prototypical
customer here are the small business owners, who believe in the American way,
and the inexpensive way. Cheap American made products are very attractive to
businesses like restaurants and local businesses. This opportunity has a mid-range
difficulty. the factories and other things would already need to be in place to
take advantage of the price gap with China. I saw this opportunity because
while scrolling through twitter I saw that the trade war was going to continue.
That led me to the article I linked above. It shows how the trade war is no ending
within the next year and a half, so this gives companies the opportunity to
build a reputation, so even after the war ends, they will continue to get
business. The trade war along with me remembering the way we want more American
businesses, made me realize that.
The information in this article
under subheading JOBS is where I found an opportunity. The article explains
that jobs that require masters will be more in demand than ones with GED's.
This is the opportunity for colleges and universities. This information makes
me believe there will be an opportunity because of the already high rates of
people attending higher education, mean even more will attend higher education.
Since more jobs want master’s degrees this mean more people will attend school
and get these degrees. This is a huge opportunity for colleges and
universities, this will cause a high influx of students which have to pay the
school for the education. The prototypical customer is the undergraduate student
who just needs that extra push to go after the degree. In reality this is an
easy one to exploit. Once people go to school for four years they will say,
"what is another two if it means I get a better job. The reason I saw this
opportunity is because I know so many people who want their masters. I never
really understood why, because I only plan on getting an undergraduate.
However, I see now after reading this article why many people want masters, and
why the student population will increase when jobs say that they want masters.
Regulatory2: https://www.pwc.com/us/en/library/risk-regulatory/strategic-policy/top-policy-trends-2019.html
The information in this
article talked about Brazil's president using whats app for campaigning and this
gave me an idea. This information made be believe that a social network campaign
company could thrive. With the changes in how much money can be spent on
campaigns social media seems to be a less expensive alternative. With these reasons,
a company that runs campaigns by only using social media i.e. only the internet
versus anything on tv. In reality it will be cheaper than buying a spot on a
major channel, but it will actually be seen by more people than on television.
The prototypical customer will be the campaigner and anyone who wants to get
elected for something. A company like this could easily take advantage of this.
Internet advertisements are everywhere, and everyone sees them, this could
really give someone an advantage. While I will not express my personal
political views, it is clear that our current president won by using twitter as
his social media platform. The other candidates could have got their message
out to more people if they only had pushed the use of the social media instead
of televised ads.
In this article under
the sub heading ECONOMIC OVERVIEW OF THE UNITED STATES, it talks about
manufacturing jobs. While I already talked about cheap manufacturing earlier
this is a more expensive one. With recent economic changes there have been
incentives to manufacture cars in the US. I believe there is an opportunity to
revamp and renew the American car scene with a brand-new modern car company.
The fact that manufacturing is on the rise and the economy wants more American
cars being made gives the perfect opportunity. The prototypical customer would
be the millennial who wants a new name and new look. This would be a very
difficult opportunity as you would have to design, make, and sell cars and make
a profit. I saw this opportunity because Buick used to be the old man’s car,
but they have been trying to show that they are a new company made for
everyone. With a new car brand on the scene this could be an even better
possibility.
Hi Jonny,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the opportunity for America to start making their own products. Americans want to buy American and show their pride. Forcing these tariffs does open up opportunities for small businesses like you said. I like how you found the article on Twitter. I searched Google lol.
It is interesting that our world is converting and relying so much on social media. Even for campaigns! I think it’s a really good idea or opportunity. One main reason that I can think of is that most people fast forward through their dvrs on commercials. They push play right when it says I’m blah blah blah and I support this message haha. The only issue I think with using the social media platform is that some older Americans are still not in tune with social media. I believe, we still need these smart Americans to vote and be in tune with all the campaigners.
Great job on relating the articles!
V/r,
Elizabeth Fullwood
I like the first opportunity you mentioned because I think that people would much rather their supplies be made in the US where the companies have to pay many americans. I also really liked your third opportunity because it would help create a level playing field for those who are campaigning because it would help people campaigning who may not have as much money as the people they are running against. I wouldn’t change anything about this post!
ReplyDeleteHi Jonny.
ReplyDeleteI fully agree with the opportunity you chose regarding the United States creating cheaper products. I feel that China has the right idea in mass producing by utilizing cheaper products. I feel that if the United States were to adopt this method it would allow for not only more jobs to be made, but it would also provide smaller businesses with a place to start. Furthermore, the decrease in demand for workers with only GED’s will require more students to stay in college for longer periods of time. I have mixed feeling on this particular subject and am curious on how it would play out in the future.