My problem/opportunity is that some college students cannot do
anything themselves. They were not raised to take care of themselves and they
will continue to need assistance while in college, like grocery shopping,
general shopping, and other things parents used to do for them.
my business proposition is an
all in one service that hires college students or other locals to help and do
things for the said individual who is willing to pay for it. For example, I had
a friend who needed help moving a mini fridge from one room to another. She did
not try to move it and she thought it was super heavy, its reality it weighs
less than 50 pounds and she could have easily moved it. She called me to move
it and was offering to pay for me to do it. I declined, but someone else might
have not. Situations like this are perfect examples. My company will hire local
students to go and do random and almost all-encompassing jobs for other
students. If a student needs grocery, well get it. They will pay for the
groceries as well as pay the person for getting them. If someone cannot change
a light bulb, instead of paying a ridiculous price from an electrician, one of
my workers can come for a much-reduced price, but they are still getting paid
to change a light bulb. The whole point is that I hire workers with many
different basic skills who can do things for others who don’t have those
skills, or just cannot do these basic things themselves (I talked about elderly
people in 7A). I think this is through and you can get the idea, if you have
any feedback or constructive criticisms please let me know in
your peer review.
Hi Jonny,
ReplyDeleteI like that you are looking into a service-oriented business. After watching Dr. Pryor’s lectures, I realized that is how we can make money NOW. I am also playing with the idea of my opportunity being a service business. If interested, here is my brainstorming on 8A post:
https://g8trliz.blogspot.com/2019/09/8a-solving-problem.html
I think your idea is very innovative! Word of mouth would be a winner for your business on campus. It’s brilliant because you wouldn’t spend a lot of advertising. Everyone needs help moving in ect. That alone would be a plus! I know that when we were moving our daughter into the dorms at USF, we didn’t know anyone and I would have paid someone LOL!
V/r,
Elizabeth Fullwood
Maybe you can format this business in the style of an app. Several apps like this exist but not geared to college students (ex task rabbit). So people would post what they need someone to do and then someone on the app can accept their request. You could maybe do background checks on the people you allow to accept requests so that people feel safer letting someone into their dorm. Since most of us college students like to do most of our interaction online, I can see this being a hit. I hope I helped!
ReplyDeleteHi Jonny.
ReplyDeleteI feel that your proposition has potential to be an effective solution to this issue. The one issue that I have with your proposition is that I feel that most college students will be reluctant to ask for help. I feel that most college students crave “freedom” and with that, may cause a mindset that doesn’t ask for help. Other than that, with effective marketing and a right approach, I feel that your proposition has potential to be effective.