Wednesday, November 6, 2019

22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3


Feedback
After being completely  "constructively criticized" by Pryor I got a lot of feedback. essentially he told me that my whole pitch was wrong. This included my pronunciation, hook, and who I should be marketing to. Why I thought that everything he said was silly and he did not explain that he would be presenting these in front of the whole class and criticizing them I changed everything about my presentation taking all of his advice because he is the professor and I need a good grade.

Change
I changed everything. I rewrote my pitch. Instead of directing it at customers, I made it towards possible employees interested in this type of work. first off I made sure to pronounce concierge correctly. I changed the hook so that it caught the attention of some looking to make money on the side. I also included how the pricing would work for someone using the college concierge app.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jonny,

    I remember him criticizing your pitch in one of the lectures, and although I agree that he may have been a little harsh, I definitely feel like your pitch is better after changing it. The concepts of your venture are way better defined, your hook and closing are exponentially better, and you are marketing to what I also believe should be the bigger market (the workers). Don't be so hard on yourself, your pitch was fine before, but it is actually GOOD now, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jonny, I thought it was really brave of you to sent your pitch to Professor pryor. The adjustments you made, from concierge, to who you were overall marketing too, was very well done and explained. I feel that after this third pitch I understand the idea better and can really see myself using this product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jonny,

    It takes a lot of courage to send your pitch to Pryor to get reviewed by the entire class. Only a few people did it so I give you props for being brave. The constructive criticism definitely helped you to improve your pitch though. I believe the third time was a charm for you and you perfected many aspects of it. I feel like I have a better understanding of your business, the market, and how everything is going to work out. The hook was also much better. Good job.

    ReplyDelete