1. Here at UF I am in the Navy ROTC program as i have mention before. at the end of the semester you have to take a fitness test that assesses your ability to be fit enough for the navy. This is called the Physical Readiness Test(PRT). In this test you segment is the 1.5 mile run. In order to pass you need to run it in or under 11:30. While i always pass I have issues of making it past a threshold. Depending on your score, you get ranked among your class mates, the faster you run, the higher you rank. My best speed is 11:05. for the whole semester i have been trying to improve my time to 10:30 but I have failed every single time. The beginning of the semester i was running it in 11:29. At the end i ran it in 11:05. Although I practice my running i have failed every time to make it past 10:30, I have always been a slow guy but that is not an excuse.
2. I learned that training is everything, that I need to just train harder and harder and I will get it. More effort is needed.
3. I do not think this class changed my view. I have always been a oh well, type of person. I have always taken risks in school, girls, and even navy. While this class is great to learn about risks, it has not changed my perspective.
Hey Jonny,
ReplyDeleteIf this class has taught me one thing, it's that failure is acceptable in life. We can learn from our mistakes and use them to succeed in the future. Most entrepreneurs will encounter failure multiple times throughout their lives but we can't let it discourage us. I started running about three years ago and it is my go to workout. The only way to improve your time is to keep practicing and pushing your limits. A healthy diet and sufficient sleep will also help you improve. Keep up the hard work and keep improving!
Hey jonny,
ReplyDeleteThat persistent mentality that you applied in the NAVY Rotc would be be a very valuable asset in your business. Getting better and better, and innovating your original idea is game changing to successful entrepreneurs. It only takes one good day to beat your original time, so continue to be persistent and ambitious.