Thursday, November 14, 2019

25A- Whats next

What is next for College Concierge is a revamping our locations. Instead of just being in the Gainesville area, to other big college towns or cities. To do this I will have to hire, regional managers or some other management figures to run said city. Also, if it gets bigger then each of those regional managers will have branch managers and so on.
       I talked to a couple of freshman girls, out of state girls and other wealthy students. I asked them is there other services or idea they think that College Concierge can come up with? After some explanations the best thing I was told was to include categories of each service. Instead of having to type out a request, someone has already done, you can select previous ones. Mainly ideas about how to make my app and website better. Also, to include ratings and reviews on worker profiles.
       My path for the future currently involves expanding the company and bettering the app. Our expansion into different cities and college town is dependent on how successful we are here. If we are successful and word gets around, then the process can be sent to another area. The great thing is that there is no physical store it is just the manager, employees and customers. If it fails, then there is no real collateral damage.
       Our app and website can be improved by making easier categories and drop-down menus. Everything that is more intuitive and simple makes users happier to use it, and more encouraged to. I hate craigslist because it is so ugly, But eBay looks great.
Since my target market is more on the wealthy side, I decided to go on the poorer side like suggested. This market would be instate students male or female of all ages.
I think for people in my new market they are no incompetent. They are hardworking and the previous service of being to lazy or not being able to do the service doesn’t apply. This would be more of an assistance-based service. They are going to be at work all day and they need their laundry done. Or someone to fix the sprinkler when they cannot. This the value College Concierge can bring.
I interviewed two of my friends who have no help financially from home and work full time at restaurants while also going to school. When I asked what I could do for them they did not see anything at first. When I explained that it’s a price negotiations service however, they said they would possible employ them for simple things like laundry and painting that they cannot do themselves. The catch is that it needs to be cheap for them or else they would never use my service. However, when I asked them if they use uber or food delivery they laughed.
I had no real surprises. I assumed people with financial struggles would not want to use my service. People like this are already independent. They do not need to spend money on things they can do themselves for free. My dad always made me do all the maintenance work around the house or we would do it together. He said why pay for it when we can do it ourselves.
This new market is not attractive as the current market. In my current market there is just enough money to go around. My current market doesn’t really spend their own money, Its “daddy’s” money. While this is sad, it is still the group that I target in order to have College Concierge make money.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jonny,

    We had some similar ideas for what would be next for our business. If my business was to become successful in Gainesville and Florida, my next step would be expanding to other areas throughout the country. I agree that if either of us were to expand, we would have to hire a team for the area that we branch off to. I think your business would definitely need a type of rating or review system for your employees. This would make people more comfortable if they were to hire somebody from college concierge. This would be necessary so that they could trust the employee that would be coming over to perform a task or service. Customers will want to make sure your employee is experienced and safe. I also agree with your statement that people on a tight budget wouldn't be as interested in your business. I am on a tight budget myself with school, rent, and other expenses. I wouldn't spend money on easy tasks that I was too lazy to do. I am picky about what I spend my money on, so your business would be great for people that have extra money to spend. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jonny,
    After watching all of your elevator pitches I can say that you have definitely improved. Every week you have found new ways to improve your business venture. IN this particular post your idea to expand to expand is brilliant. THere is a real need in the student community for a product like College Concierge. Very well done and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete